Join us for a magical night at Glastonbury Abbey
Glastonbury Fringe is celebrating its 6th year in 2017 by hosting its biggest launch event yet. On June 9th at the world famous Glastonbury Abbey, Fringe 2017 will launch in spectacular style dancing into the night with the amazing 3 Daft Monkeys, Tankus The Henge, King Artisan and Lazy Daze. Doors open at 17:30 and tickets are £10 in advance or £15 on the door (subject to availability).
Purchase your e-Tickets here or tickets can be purchased in person from Glastonbury Abbey, Stephens Butchers and Hawthorns Hotel in Glastonbury. Please read the conditions of entry below the ticket link prior to purchasing tickets for the event.
Buy Tickets to the Glastonbury Fringe 2017 Launch Party
Admits one person per ticket to the Glastonbury Fringe 2017 Launch Party. This is an eTicket. No physical ticket will be sent
Terms & Conditions of entry to the 2017 Launch Event
The following can be summed up in a few statements: Be nice to one another; Respect your surroundings; Leave when the event is over; No ticket, no entry; and mostly, have a great time and don’t ruin anyone else’s great time. It’s really simple. However, if you like specific lists of things please be aware of the following:
- Doors open at 17:30 on June 9th and all entertainment will cease at 22.00. No entry will be permitted before 17:30 and all ticket holders must leave at the conclusion of the event at 22:00.
- Tickets are non refundable.
- The Glastonbury Fringe Launch Event is fully licensed. ID will be required to purchase alcohol. No alcohol may be brought into the venue. Unopened plastic soft drink bottles and water bottles are permitted.
- Illegal substances of any kind are not permitted. Any illegal drugs will be seized and the ticket holder will be refused entry or ejected.
- One ticket admits one person (obvious right?)
- Due to the nature of the event there are no pass outs.
- You will be expected to remain within the designated event area throughout the event. Stewards will be in place to assist you.
- If you are drunk upon arrival at the event you will be refused entry. No refund will be given.
- Be nice to one another. If someone isn’t being nice report them to a steward and we will deal with it. Nice is the new rock n roll.
- You will be liable for any damage you cause to the site or equipment
- By purchasing a ticket you are stating you agree to all of these terms
- Photography and video will be taken during the event. You agree that Glastonbury Fringe and it’s event sponsors may use your image for promotional purposes.
Meet The Acts
With their quirky and original approach to music, and their passion, intensity and sheer joy of life, 3 Daft Monkeys have gained themselves a large and loyal cult following, which is still growing rapidly due to their intense touring schedule. Their music is hard to pigeon-hole, mixing and crossing many musical genres from Celtic, Klezmer, Gypsy, Balkan, Latin, Ska, Dub Reggae, Indie, Rock and even a hint of Shostakovich.
Tankus the Henge are a six piece powerhouse of a band drawing visual and musical influences from old time Fairgrounds to modern day Circus; The Beatles to Tom Waits and Gogol Bordello to Radiohead, they embody a look and a sound that lies somewhere between their South East London home and the carnival town of New Orleans.
Epic multi-dimensional rock with soft and deeply held subtleties.
Channelling qualities of Pink Floyd, CSNY, Muse, Tinariwen, Jimi Hendrix, Hiatus Kaiyote, Stevie Wonder, Indian folk music and their own unique flavour of exciting, compelling tightly woven, intricately arranged songs with juicy harmonies.